Friday, March 27, 2009

Bar-b-cue with a “B“ in Charleston, SC

Arrival in Charleston was uneventful. We found Brissinger’s Bar-B-cue and had some excellent pulled pork! I’m bringing some rub back to CT to be used on my last Waygu briskets or some braised short ribs - mmmm…mmm….good. The pulled pork sandwich came with steak fries and ONE onion ring - “No Substitutions” The ONE onion ring was unlike any onion right I have ever seen! It was battered with hush puppy batter (almost a doughnut batter) with thick Vidalia onions in the middle. It was phenomenally delicious! Dad programmed the location into his GPS and we headed on to Fripp.

We had to stop at the grocery store (PUBLIX) before heading back to the island - had to pick up some Bluebell ice cream and other essentials. We ran into Aunt Beth, and Mom got the plan for the evening. I got Stephen’s gift from the trip - go ahead a guess =P.

The evening plans were to get together at my grandparents’ house for dinner - maybe movies…. My aunt has had all of the family 8mm movies converted to DVD’s! So we eventually met everyone back at the house - and watched the movie of the trains, the pool digging in Birmingham, the Virginia Trip in 1961 - it was all very interesting and entertaining to see the 1960’s home movies!

Dinner was served and it was time to head back home get some ice cream and hit the sack…. Oh, except, I started Twilight in Hartford, and had gotten to a point where I couldn’t just stop, so I stayed up a little late and finished the book.

No comments: