Friday, March 27, 2009

Golf and a nature walk on Fripp Island, SC






The first full day on Fripp was of course full of golf. We got up and ate breakfast - I got downstairs a little late - but there was still bacon for me. Tee times were selected and the schedule set - morning visit to my Grandparents’ house with the wireless internet to catch up on things, then lunch and golf.

I didn’t play golf - just took pictures (still recovering from the belly flop over Mark W.) The golfers were Mom, Dad, and Uncle Bob (Aunt Beth’s husband). There were 4 alligators on the first hole! I didn’t remember soo many gators. I took pictures of most of the gators I saw, one little guy in particular was very photogenic - don’t you think!

Mom said it was the best that she had ever played the course. There was a lot of wind, but in any case, Mom managed to get over all the water hazards - even the one ball she thought she had put in the water, was just on the water’s edge. I only found 2 balls in the hazards, which didn’t match the number that Dad lost. Dad almost bought a new window - he was behind a tree off the fairway. He hit that tree good - maybe something else, definitely the house - about 6 inches from a window… He scampered into the yard and retrieved his ball - backed up a little bit from his previous spot behind the tree and safely hit his ball back into the fairway - despite the chuckling from the peanut gallery - Aunt Beth had shown up with an extra golf cart - and she and I were now officially in a spectator golf cart.

There were some beautiful golf shots and some ugly ones - and lots of critters - gators, turtles, snakes, birds.

No comments: