Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I don't remember what went on between Valentine's day and the end of April - that's why I'm suppose to update this thing... based on Facebook I spent some of those months farming an imaginary farm and tending imaginary fish. Mother's day in San Diego - and of course visits to Nick's on Broadway.

Dinner @ Nick's on Broadway: 4/30/2010


- Spring salad with walnut and honey vinaigrette
- Carrot & Parsnip Soup
- Scallop on pea greens with citrus
- Haddock on carrot puree with spring peas
- Smoked Chicken Salad on a roasted bread
- Roast Duck on fiddleheads and wild mushrooms with barley and star anise au jus
- Amuse bouche: Grapefruit sorbet & Champagne
- Sirloin with roast fingerlings, asparagus and videlia onion
- Chocolate and fruit - chocolate ganache, chocolate sorbet, chocolate custard and sliced grapes, blueberries, blackberries, and mint


And I forgot my camera, so I don't have pictures for the blog, but it was some of the prettiest food that we have had at Nick's! It made me promise myself to not forget my camera again.

No comments: