Monday, December 22, 2008

How do you make it through a six hour wedding – hors d'oeuvre of course!









I’ve never been to a six hour wedding. I’ll admit I was a little apprehensive… what I had heard, Ben (the groom) had to ride a horse to the ceremony and we had to dance along some route (didn’t know if it was in front or behind – I was hoping in front and that it wasn’t too long a dance/walk)… we were all in the lobby on time again, and had to wait, this time decoration of the horse was blamed… I’m thinking OMG – he’s really going to have to ride a horse…

Well, to keep the entry from getting out of hand, the walk was not that long – maybe a couple of football fields, and we had a big brass band (drums and horns) to help us feel more festive! There was a cart with a driver for the groom – which was all decorated with the flowers – I hope they were reused from the day before, there couldn’t be that many carnations in the world (shipped over from India I heard).

We got to the wedding and the Hindu minister blessed the groom and his family and then the wedding party and all overseas guests of the groom got rose and lily leis from the brides family and we proceeded to our seats in front of a football sized wedding celebration area! Again, OMG – I’ve never seen such a production for a wedding – and on the beach to boot!

The Christian ceremony was done first – it took about 20 minutes – 1st Corinthians 13 – “Love is patient, Love is kind”, standard verse – vows – rings but not man and wife, we are still several hours from that and there is much to be burned!

During all this, there were servers providing drinks and snacks – WooT!

No comments: